Drop Down Menu Bar

About Geek Fitness Network


Geek Fitness Network is a blog that I started to try and help fellow geeks and nerds to have a spot where they can go to learn about how it is still possible for anyone to get fit and in shape. If any of you are like me and enjoy doing physically inactive hobbies such as playing video games, watching anime, watching movies at the theater, watching tv shows, and playing card games or even if you work at a desk job all day you know it makes it more challenging to stay in shape. All of these activities or jobs typically don't aide in helping to keep you fit and make it more challenging but that doesn't mean it can't be done. I've come to learn over the past few years that it is still possible to get back in shape and wanted to be able to share some of my experience in this blog so that others might be able to pick up some useful tips. I also wanted to share my experience so that others could learn from some of my mistakes and might be able to avoid them so that they can travel down the road to fitness faster and safer than I did. Along with my personal experiences I wanted to share general tips about fitness and nutrition, as well as post motivational articles to help people find the drive and motivation to pursue their own fitness goals. Lastly to tie in with the whole geek theme I wanted to be able to post a few articles here and there about geeky things I find interesting.

The MY TRANSFORMATION section is where I will discuss all the different things I learned and mistakes I made along the way during my endeavor to get my health back. This section starts from back in May of 2011 when I decided that I had finally had enough of being unhealthy and was going to get back in shape. Throughout the various articles I post in this section I cover the various stages of how my diet and workouts evolved as well as what I did to motivate myself and how I made several mistakes and what I learned from them.

The FITNESS TIPS section I will cover a wide variety of fitness tips from beginner to advanced and it will also cover all sorts of workouts. I wanted to cover from beginner to advanced so that any reader can find something that might be able to help them no matter what level of fitness they are currently at. The workouts will range from simple workouts you can do from home to serious routines that will help you to build muscle at the gym lifting weights.

The NUTRITION TIPS section will cover a wide variety of things including diets, nutrition science, and general recipes that I like that I think are delicious and healthy. There are so many diets to talk about there should be one that could be tailored to meet anybody's lifestyle and requirements. Nutrition Science will have a bit more advanced articles about nutrition to help better build muscle or lose fat.

The GEEK NIGHTLY NEWS or GNN for short will be my section to talk about all things geeky. It has sub sections for video games, anime/manga, tv/movies, technology and a final section for anything else geeky. Posts here will just be about something I found interesting from my geeky hobbies and wanted to write a small blurb about it.

The MOTIVATIONAL section will be devoted to articles that will hopefully be able to help any readers that visit my page to find motivation and determination to pursue their fitness goals. I also have a section for what I call Picture of the Month. These will be a motivational picture with a short post about how I interpreted it and how I think it will be a motivation to the reader. Lastly there will be a section for success stories of fellow geeks who have made an awesome transformation for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment